ROLE OF THE OFFICE.
The registrar’s office coordinates, advices, implements, develops the college systems and processes for enhanced service delivery to its customers.It is tasked with the responsibility of maintaining documents in the registrar’s office. The office also under take’s the application and the admission process, including;
The examination section is headed by the Exams Officer. In consultation with the exams Office the registrar ensures accurate and timely release of examination circulars, timetables any relevant literature on external exams (NITA, KNEC, KASNEB) requirements and deadlines.
Register students appropriately for the external examinations.
- Arrange for appropriate materials and equipment for the conduct of the examinations
- Arrange for appropriate materials and equipment for the conduct of the examinations.
- Collect result slips and certificates and issue to students upon clearance from the institute.
- Analyze and relay performance results to the lecturers and students.
- Conduct research on examinations and relevant materials.
Reproduction of exams and custodian of all exam materials and past papers from internal exams, KNEC, NITA, KASNEB and other colleges. Produce exam answer sheets for the internal examinations. Keep a record of all students’ progress reports in collaboration with the HODs.
Supervise the exams to ensure that irregularities are minimized. Coordinate the setting and moderation of the internal exams.
Advice on any cost implications for the conduct of the external examinations.
RECRUITMENT OF NEW STUDENTS
• Coordinate process of selection of new students and reporting dates.
• Advice the management on the requirements for enrolment of students at various levels.
• Make timely adverts for the recruitment of students and admission requirements.
• Advice on the number of students to be admitted viz a viz the available facilities in coordination with the HODs /HOSs.
COORDINATE DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION OF ACADEMIC POLICIES
• Coordinate the number of CATs, assignments and exams in a term.
• Draw and implement examination policies giving guidelines on the cases of failing in an examination, failing not to do an examination, requirements for resits, resit dates, consequences for cheating etc.
• Conduct research on improvement of exams, benchmarking with other model institutions.
• Identify recognized and credible examination bodies. E.g. City & Guilds, Knec, Kasneb, etc.
• Carrying out training needs assessment so as to develop and review training curricula.
• Coordinate the establishment of linkages with industry players and other institutions.
• Coordinate the training of industry based short courses.
• Coordinate the development and review of internal curriculum.
• Coordinate and advice on introduction of new courses.
• Participate in the implementation of the established curricular.
• Certification of grandaunts.
INSTITUTIONAL IMAGE & PUBLICITY
• Advice and improve the image of the institution by organizing graduation ceremonies, printing of brochures, open days, exhibitions at the ASK, road shows, customer relations, front office activities etc
• Advice the administration on the budgetary implications for the above.
SAFETY, HYGIENE STANDARDS
• Inspect and advice on the safety and health of students in classes, workshops and hostels
• Coordinate the fumigation, cleanliness of ablution blocks, proper drainage and garbage disposal and general maintenance of the facilities.
• Coordinate fire drill seminars, mark fire assembly areas and offices, ensure fire extinguishers are serviced.